Table of Contents
Flea Facts Every Home And Pet Owner Should Know
Fleas are tiny insects that generally plague their victims – animals – by continuously biting their skin. These pests can be found in residential areas where wildlife often frequent. They spread from animal to animal, creating more and more victims along the way. Fleas are believed to pose a health risk to humans because they carry diseases, such as plague and typhus. These diseases spread to humans through bites. In Los Angeles, fleas are more of an annoyance than a danger to humans, animals, and the environment.
Most Common Flea Species In Los Angeles, California
The most common flea species found in Los Angeles, California is the cat flea. Do not be fooled by the name of the species, because they are known to target canines, felines, and some wildlife species. The adult cat flea measures around 1/8 of an inch in length. When the cat flea is facing latterly, you will immediately notice the shape of its body, which is flat. It is very easy to differentiate between the flea and the lice and the flea and the bed bug. The flat body allows the fleas to maneuver between animal fur and escape danger quickly and easily. Cat fleas are known to target warm-blooded mammals, such as the dog, cat, opossum, skunk, fox, and opossum. They can be found indoors and outdoors.
Flea Bite – What Is It?
In most cases, a flea bite does not cause serious harm. Other than a mild allergic reaction, the flea bite will not warrant a visit to an emergency room. Infestations are a different story because they are more involved, which equals more bites. A large number of bites could result in blood loss, anemia, and death in severe cases. Fleas have also been linked to tapeworm issues in humans.
Flea Infestation Prevention Methods
Preventing flea infestations in residential areas requires a strong barrier along the property line. However, this is not always enough to prevent these infestations, especially when the property is frequented by wild animals and strays. Here are several ways to protect your home and pets from flea infestations.
- Reconsider Pet Ownership – Pet ownership is an ongoing responsibility. One of the biggest responsibilities is flea protection that requires a lot of time, money, and diligence.
- Anti-Flea Medicine – Protecting your pets with flea control products and prevention methods is a must. Flea prevention products are available in the form of collars, shampoos, and drops.
- Routine Lawn Maintenance – Keeping your lawn mowed, three inches and lower is a great way to prevent flea infestations.
- Do Not Feed Wild Animals – Flea infestations can spread through infested wild animals when they access your property line. Put up a fence or other type of barrier to eliminate all access points on your property. Not feeding wild animals will discourage them from returning in the future.
- Install Barriers Around Decks And Patios – Wild animals will not only visit your property but also utilize it as shelter. Some people have reported wildlife living underneath their decks and patios because they are protected from the elements. Utilize wire or some other type of material to create a wildlife barrier around low patios and decks.
- Routine Inspections – Conduct routine inspections in and around your home. Look for signs that are connected to flea infestations. One particular sign is “flea dirt.” This substance can be a mixture of flea excrement, carcasses, and dead skin. It does not pose a health risk for your pets. Speak with your veterinarian about effective, safe tick and flea products for your pets.
- Wash Pet Bedding Regularly – Wash your pets’ bedding regularly, at least weekly or bi-weekly. This will help keep fleas at bay.
- Routine Vacuuming – We recommend full-home vacuuming weekly. Vacuum your furniture, bedding, carpet, and pet beds to remove fleas dirt, and eggs.
By creating a strong barrier around your home and heeding to the aforementioned recommendations, your risk of flea infestations will diminish greatly. However, a strong exterior barrier and prevention techniques are not always enough to keep fleas at bay. It just takes one flea to create a full-blown infestation. If your pets are permitted to run free outdoors, they will be targeted by fleas and ticks. But, with the right flea preventatives, the risk will be minimal.
We want our clients to know that our company can deal with all types of pests. We’re capable of getting rid of bedbugs, roaches, wasps, and even fleas. We know that fleas can be a major pain for consumers and their beloved pets. Thankfully, you’ve found us. Our company is always going to find a way to help you. We do not want those fleas to dry you up the wall. We have the solutions that you need at the prices that you deserve.
Getting rid of fleas can be much tougher than you could ever imagine. This is why a lot of pest control companies in Los Angeles charge insanely high prices. Rest assured knowing that our company will not do that. We’re going to provide you with great solutions at amazing prices. We want to ensure that our services are accessible and that is why our prices are so low. We strive to provide more cost-effective solutions that our competition.
Get in touch today to get a free quote.
Safe Flea Control
Some companies are going to do bad things to get rid of the fleas. They don’t care how destructive their solutions are or who they put in danger. Our company is different. We’re going to do everything possible to keep you safe and sound along the way. We would never use dangerous chemicals in our home and we will do the same for you. Our company will ensure that we protect you, your family members, and your pets. We’ll also protect the environment.
Gone For Good
There are some pest control companies that can help you get rid of the bugs. The only downside is that the fleas might not be gone for good. And, those other pest control companies do not care. This is why our company is unique and why we’re your best choice. We offer solutions to ensure that the fleas are going to be gone for good. We will provide you with free follow ups. If there is ever another infestation of fleas, we’ll take care of it for you! With us, you really won’t take any risks whatsoever.
Finally, we’d like you to know that we offer the fastest solutions. We have team members placed throughout the city of Los Angeles. When you contact us, we’ll send someone in your direction. We know for certain that we’ll be able to clear up your flea problem quicker than any other pest control company in Los Angeles, California.